The STEPS Charity is embarking on an exciting journey to deliver a unique learning experience to young people with a disability through our STEPS Pathways program. We’re determined to change the state of living for people with a disability, and create equal opportunities for people in our community to live happy, fulfilled, and independent lives.
What is STEPS Pathways?
It’s a place of learning for people with a disability where they can develop the skills they need to live independently. Students will live while they learn in purpose built homes that truly reflect independent living in the mainstream community. During their stay students will be provided with a safe and supportive environment where they will learn life long skills, at a pace best suited to their needs, such as:
- Healthy living skills for physical and mental wellbeing
- Technology, literacy and numeracy for life skills such as banking and budgeting
- Domestic skills such as shopping, cooking and cleaning
- Effectively access and interact in the community – incl. fun and recreational activities
- Communication and social skills
- How to maintain residency, and residency rights and responsibilities,
- and Pathways to training and employment
STEPS Pathways will be open for enrolments late 2017.
To find out more information about STEPS Pathways including enrolment dates sign up to our newsletter below.